Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Homebrew!

I just kegged the porter I made a few weeks ago. It was delayed a bit because we had a ridiculously cold stretch of weather here, and my kegerator is in the freezing garage.

Anyway, it's quite tasty. Extremely dry and crisp, with a balance finishing very slightly on the bitter side. Style-wise it's probably more of a brown porter than a robust porter. I used homegrown Goldings hops, and they lend a really nice spicy note in the nose as well as a good hint of flavor.

Mouthfeel is surprisingly crisp and light, but with a nice creaminess.

I'm waiting for the sample I pulled before I force carbonated it to warm up so I can calculate the alcohol content. I'd make a rough guess of 5% abv for now. I'll update after I get the final number.

Overall a really nice beer, even if I do say so myself...

Update: The sample finally warmed up: ABV is 4.71%

No comments:

Post a Comment