Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Black Oil

This is a great beer. It's definitely black, but not oily. It's also not particularly thick or "gloopy". Lots of roast malt in the nose, with nicely subtle hints of oak and some scotch whisky and alcohol. Flavor is strong roast malt, with some noticeable alcohol warmth, and some licorice with just a hint of whisky.

This is a surprisingly drinkable beer, malty, but pretty dry. Quite enjoyable and I'm actually wishing the bottle was bigger. I may have to catch up on my backlog a bit and crack open another Advent beer...

Note: I didn't just drink this for breakfast. This was sent from my phone last night, but evidently there was some sort of major Blackberry outage for all their data services yesterday, and it wouldn't go through until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment