Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines

Had a great V day. Tracie gave me a great book and a really nice new Brooks running jacket. We just got back from trying our new gear out on a fun trail run.

My mother-in-law surprised me with the selection of excellent beer you see pictured. From left to right, we have:

JW Lees brewing, UK: Harvest ale matured in calvados casks. 11.5%abv, 275ml bottle, brewed in 2006.

North Coast Brewing, Fort Bragg, CA: Le Merle saison, Belgian style farmhouse ale. 7.9%abv, 750ml bottle.

Kleinbrouwerij De Glazen Toren, Erpe-Mere Belgium: Ondineke Oilsjtesen Tripel. 750ml bottle, 8.5%abv.

Deschutes Brewery, Bend Oregon: Hop Henge IPA. 22oz bottle, 8.75%abv.

Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, CA: Estate Brewer's Harvest Ale. 24oz, 6.7%abv

Brasserie D'Achouffe, Belgium: McChouffe Artisanal Belgian Brown Ale. 750ml bottle, 8.0%abv.

Thanks Jan!!

I've only had the Hop Henge and Sierra Nevada Estate -- the others look quite interesting and I'm sure I'll enjoy trying them.

Now to get started making a delicious steak and shrimp dinner!

1 comment: