Monday, February 08, 2010

Playin' live!

Saturday was my Dad's big 60th birthday party in Hood River. His high
school band ("The Scepters") got back together for the occasion, and I
was invited to sit in for a couple of songs. My dad's the one on drums
in the photo. All of these guys have kept playing all these years, and
are damn good.

Since I'd never played in public, let alone with players of this caliber
in front of 100+ people, this was a bit nerve wracking. I was nervous
for no reason though, as it ended up sounding great and we all had a ton
of fun. Tracie got some great pictures to commemorate the event, and it
was recorded too -- hopefully I'll get a copy of that.

2 comments:

  1. wait, are you the old guy playing guitar, or the old guy making out with the mic?

    hahahahaha, i kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You damn kids, get off my lawn!

    ReplyDelete