Monday, July 26, 2010

Trader Joe's Mission Street Brown Ale


22oz bottle, 5.7%abv
Steinhaus Brewing, Paso Robles, CA. (I imagine on behalf of Trader Joe's).

This is not good.

I was hopeful that this would be decent, since I'm a huge Brown Ale fan, but this is just not good. Stay away from this beer.

It starts out really bad and gets slightly better as some of the nasty vegetable notes in the aroma dissipate, but that only brings it up to the "bad" standard.

Stay away.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this was just a bad bottle that had been sitting around too long or something, but I'm not real hopeful. I'm also not willing to try it again to find out.

Ick.

I haven't dumped out a beer in a long time. I dumped about 20oz of this 22oz bottle down the drain. That should tell you all you need to know about this beer.

Have I mentioned that you should avoid this beer? Yes? Good.

5 comments:

  1. Wait, I'm confused, should I buy this beer? Isn't this a great opportunity for one of those "man, this is so disgusting, taste it, no, it's really awful, I'm serious, taste it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphrase Monty Python "This is a bottle with a message in it, and the message is 'Beware!'"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Probably what my first batch of Mr. Beer is going to turn out like :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope not! I hope your first foray into brewing turns out great. Those kits can be a bit iffy, so don't be too sad if it's not great -- just keep trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't had luck with Trader Joe brand beers either. Sorry, we should have warned you.

    ReplyDelete