Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hopportunity Knocks

Caldera Brewing, Ashland, Oregon
Limited summer release, 22oz bottle, 6.8% abv

It was my birthday earlier this week and my mother-in-law got me a great selection of limited edition beers. This is the first of them. I've had a few beers from this brewery, but none in bottles -- they're one of the few good breweries that make beer in cans.
This one is a nice moderately strong hoppy ale.

Pours with very little head, and a reasonably potent hop nose.

Flavor is strongly hoppy which is no surprise considering the name. The variety of hops used do add an interesting spiciness.

Finish is solidly bitter, also no surprise.

Overall a good, strongly-hopped Northwest ale. Quite tasty and a nice refreshingly crisp beer for this nearly 100 degree summer day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!

    Did you get the Nickleback t-shirt we sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And no, thankfully I didn't get the t-shirt.

    My favorite quote about music involves Nickelback, specifically about certain music making emo kids wanting to kill themselves:

    "Listening to Nickelback doesn't make me want to kill myself; listening to Nickelback makes me want to kill Nickelback."

    ReplyDelete