Monday, June 24, 2013

Belgian Dinner Recap

Rather than trying to "live" blog the dinner I just enjoyed myself and figured I could write something up afterward. Here we go:

  • Favorite food/beer pairing: Original Sin tart Belgian Quad by Laurelwood brewing paired with veal something-or-other and Brussels sprouts.
  • Favorite beer: While all the beer was good, I think after all the different items the one I would happily drink all day long on a warm summer day is the "Imp" Belgian Single by Block 15/Lickspigot. Super tasty, simple, and refreshing.
  • Overall impression: Another great event, as usual. Service was impeccable, food and beer pairings were great, and the group of folks partaking all seemed to have a great time.

If you ever happen to be in town when one of these infrequent gatherings happen, you should really try to participate, they're great fun.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun and just enjoyed the night but must admit my disappointment with this new format. The post game wrap up greatly diminishes my ability to live vicariously through your photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know it's not the best, but it was much more enjoyable to just enjoy instead of typing all night on my phone. The holiday one seems to move slower so maybe I'll do the traditional play-by-play again in December.

      Delete