Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Belgian Beer Dinner Followup

Just a quick update whit some final thoughts while last night's great meal is still fairly fresh in my mind:

  • Starter snack was dark rye toast with a soft two-cheese spread and thinly sliced radish on top. Simple, but seriously delicous.
  • The elk/beef carbonade was super yummy, but I think my favorite part of the night was the two different beers served along side two very different cheeses. It was really interesting how they paired with each other, and to hear what others perceived was better or worse about the pairings.
  • Not a real fan of the "5 Golden Rings" beer. Evidently it's all the rage right now, but to me it was sorta like a weird tart pineapple bubblicious bubblegum. Not my favorite.

Overall another great event put on by great people. Thanks Joel, Nick, Kristen, Drew and everybody else involved in organizing, preparing and serving such a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment