Monday, May 24, 2010

Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot

Lagunitas Brewing, Petaluma, CA
22oz bottle, 7.63%abv

I can't remember if I've already blogphicolatored about this one or not, and I can't be arsed to check... I guess I'll write it up and if I already did, I'll see how today's opinion differs.

Anyway, it's yummeh. The style isn't specified, but I'd call it kind of a strong, hoppy brown ale.

It pours a medium brown in color, with a good light tan head that lingers nicely.

Aroma is nicely floral hops with some caramel malt notes.

Flavor is quite malty and a bit sweet, with hop flavor there, but balanced toward malt.

Mouthfeel is rich, and a bit creamy. The finish has a good hit of bitterness, but balance is still on the sweet side.

Overall, a pretty tasty beer.

3 comments:

  1. I just had a WTF on Saturday! Yummy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like it. Seems like the kind of beer I'd make.

    I'm making a strong IPA this weekend, we'll see how that turns out.

    And I finally ordered all the parts to get my Subie running again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the "after" shot? The one of you crying on the floor after Rogue knocked the remainder of your glass off the table with his toy?

    ReplyDelete