Sunday, April 04, 2010

Oskar Blues GUBNA Imperial IPA

12oz can, 10%abv

Imperial IPA in a can? Crazy? Crazy good. This is the first of several beers Tracie put in my "pagan spring basket" (at least that's what I'm calling it).

It pours great, with a nice substantial white head that dissipated moderately quickly. Great color and clarity.

What jumps out immediately is the huge hop nose. It's like taking a deep sniff from a freshly opened bag of hops. I've never had a commercial beer with that strong of a fresh hop aroma. Excellent.

Flavor is also quite hoppy, but it's balanced very well by a substantial malt profile.

Body is surprisingly crisp and refreshing for a beer this strong. It's very drinkable and is the kind of beer that could get you in serious trouble on a hot summer day by the water.

Nice beer, I'm looking forward to all the other IPAs in the basket.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that does sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Demetri Martin quote you snuck in there. Good stuff. I'm thirsty!

    ReplyDelete